The Return of Britney: Gimme, gimme more!

Ever since 'Hold It Against Me' was released I have been anxiously awaiting Britney's new album 'Femme Fatale'.  On top the single, all of the sneak peaks of the tracks that were released sounded amazing for how little of them we could hear.  I think to appriciate where Britney is at today we need to take a look back at the path she took to get here. 

I still remember hearing Britneys first single 'Baby one more time' coming through my radio.  Yes, this was 1999 and instead of just flipping through an ipod or listening to a song on youtube you listened to the radio to hear the newest music.  'oh baby baby how was I supposed to know...' If I only knew then how many times I would listen to that song in my life I would have been amazed.  It was an instant hit followed up by "Oops I did it again' and a pop star was born.  Britney like many musicians also dabbled in the film industry starring in 'Crossroads' a movie following estranged friends on a cross country road trip.  I'm not going to lie, if i look in front of me to my TV stand I can see the Crossroads DVD staring right back at me.  You could say that I was and still am a huge Britney fan.  And as much as I can remember Britneys rise to fame I can also remember when her life started spirling out of control.  I was in high school and some friends and I were so excited to have got our hands on tickets to her Onxy Hotel tour.  But as the date came closer Britney got injured and cancelled the rest of her shows including the one we had tickets too.  I was so disappointed.  Then cue in Kevin Federline and back to back pregnancies and the Britney we once knew was turning into someone different, someone we weren't quite sure what to make of.  I was in college in 2008 when Britney really started going downhill.  Shaving her head and using umbrellas to attack paparazzi, who was this Britney? Then I heard she was going to be performing at the VMA's with her newest single 'Gimme more'.  While that song wasn't as great as previous singles, I was happy to take what I could get considering how her life had been going.  I can still remember how I felt when I watched that performance.  I was shocked by how much she had changed.  The once completely toned and tanned pop queen was looking like she needed to hit the gym and her once gorgeous hair was now terrible looking extensions.  I used to go online to watch her videos envying her dance moves, wishing I could move my body the way she did.  But the 'Gimme more' VMA performance was anything but enviable.  She staggered about lifelessly and it honestly was pretty sad to see how far she had fell from the infamous 'I'm a slave for you' snake performance a few years back on the same VMA stage.  By that point I wasn't sure she would ever return to her former glory. 
Your browser may not support display of this image.
 
But Britney didn't stop there.  She came back strong with her 'Circus' album and tour and the Britney we all fell in love with was slowly working her way back up to the level she had once been at.  Now with her seventh album 'Femme Fatale' working its way up the charts its clear that Brit Brit is back and better than ever.
Your browser may not support display of this image.  
Some of my favorite songs off of the new album are Hold It Against Me ('Cause you feel like paradise and I need a vacation tonight' How can you not love that line?), He About To Lose Me (this is a bonus track which cannot be overlooked), I Wanna Go (I know where this song makes me want to go, dancing) Seal It With A Kiss (what a fun song!), and Criminal (the flute in the beginning hooked me and the lyrics just sealed the deal).  Those are just a few I have been playing on repeat but the rest are just as amazing! Its rare when a whole album is great, usually there are the songs that stand out and the ones that blend in, but I can say that every song has something unique to it and I love it. 
Your browser may not support display of this image.  
If you have heard the album let me know what you think! Any favorite tracks? Anything you don't like? And most importantly who is excited for when the new tour will be announced? That high schooler in me still hasn't gotten over missing the Onxy Hotel tour and I must go see her this time around!

By: Colleen

Posted by Sarah on 1:20 PM. Filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0
Become a Fan of Save With Sarah Follow Sarah Scoop on Twitter Watch my money saving videos Email Me
.

dailyvid

Advertise On Sarah ScoopAdvertise On Sarah Scoop Advertise On Sarah ScoopAdvertise On Sarah Scoop

2010 Sarah Scoop. All Rights Reserved. - Designed by SimplexDesign