How to Succeed in Dying your Hair At Home



If you’re a poor college student like me (or just on a budget), dying your own hair can be the perfect solution to expensive salon costs. In fact it’s quite easy to dye your own hair at home for under $20!

Although it can be a bit scary (no one wants to end up with orange hair), there are some ways to make the process as simple (and stress free!) as possible.

1.Do some research: Figure out what type of hair dye you want to use (such as temporary, semi-permanent, demi-permanent, or permanent) and what shade you would like. Remember—hair dye will only lighten natural hair color (not dyed color). Unless you’re really experience, I’d leave bleach to the professionals. If it’s your fist time dying your hair, you may want to pick out a semi or demi-permanent color that will eventually rinse out.

2. Go to Sally’s Beauty Supply: For the best looking dye job, pick up some professional hair dye from Sally’s, and read the instructions on the box carefully as to what else you might need, such as a developer (and what strength developer). If you have a question, the girls at Sally’s are usually quite helpful.

3. Make sure you have all the necessary tools: I would either pick up a bottle applicator (my favorite way to apply it if I’m working all by myself) or a bowl and brush applicator as well as some gloves.

4. Read the Directions: Follow all the directions on the box about skin tests and strand tests as well as about how long to leave dye on your head, especially if this is your first time dying your hair.

5. Grab a friend: If this is your first time dying your hair, I’d grab a friend to help you apply the dye and make sure you get all of you hair covered—including the back and the roots.

6. Have fun!: I’ve dyed my hair some wild colors over the past two years I’ve been dying it myself that I don’t think I’d have the courage to ask for in a salon.

Written By: Kristen

Image

Posted by Sarah on 4:36 PM. Filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0
Become a Fan of Save With Sarah Follow Sarah Scoop on Twitter Watch my money saving videos Email Me
.

dailyvid

Advertise On Sarah ScoopAdvertise On Sarah Scoop Advertise On Sarah ScoopAdvertise On Sarah Scoop

2010 Sarah Scoop. All Rights Reserved. - Designed by SimplexDesign