My Drug-Store Finds

 Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation - NudeMaybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation - Natural BeigeRevlon Limited Edition Collection Just Bitten Lip Stain, Plum Wicked (Pack of 2)Revlon Limited Edition Collection Just Bitten Lip Stain, Blood Orange # 135

On a boring summer day when it's too hot to go outside, I typically ride my bike to the local drug-store and head straight for the cosmetics section. Cheap makeup found here is always a great chance to try out a new look or style: as I will rarely will go above $10 on any item, I never feel very guilty if something doesn't work out for me. This time around, I picked up two items: Dream Matte Mousse Foundation by Maybelline New York and Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm by Revlon.

I've used cream makeup before as blush (also from the Dream Matte line and also from a drug-store), but my foundation has always been powder, so I was a little wary when I opened the container and rubbed my finger into the whipped makeup mix. The makeup ended up being very easy to apply without streaks or unevenness, and it didn't feel any heavier than moisturizer. My only real negative concerning the product is that it doesn't cover up blemishes well without having to cake it on. However, I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants to even their skin tone but doesn't like the feel of powdered makeup.

I didn't realize when I bought the lipstain just how much Revlon was trying to cash in on the Twilight phenomenon: besides the product's name, it comes in colors such as “Crave”, “Midnight”, and “Forbidden”. The logo itself uses a font that is close enough to recall the vampire franchise without leading to a lawsuit. I ended up buying “Gothic”, a bright red that looks as if I've been sucking on a cherry popsicle (or someone's neck, I guess). The tip of the stain resembles a felt marker, and putting it on works in just about the same way as one. What makes this product unique from other lipstains is its other end: it comes with a clear lip balm. Lipstains have a tendency to dry out lips, so the balm keeps them soft without making it all slide off. After a bit of practice, I had a perfect pout that lasted the rest of the day.

Overall, I would label my trip as a success and well worth the $15 I spent total.

Written By: Amanda

Posted by Sarah on 6:42 PM. Filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0
Become a Fan of Save With Sarah Follow Sarah Scoop on Twitter Watch my money saving videos Email Me
.

dailyvid

Advertise On Sarah ScoopAdvertise On Sarah Scoop Advertise On Sarah ScoopAdvertise On Sarah Scoop

2010 Sarah Scoop. All Rights Reserved. - Designed by SimplexDesign