Organize Now!: A Week-by-Week Guide to Simplify Your Space and Your Life 
For a lot of people, including myself, back to school is a really hectic time of year whether you are in high school or college. All of the extra-curricular activities start up along with a heavy workload. On top of everything school related, people have jobs and it is hard to find time to yourself to just relax. This past week for instance, I was introduced to the college application process and I have never been so overwhelmed! I keep thinking “when am I going to have time to fill out these applications, fill out the supplements to the applications, get letters of recommendation from my teachers, and maintain good grades so I can actually be accepted into college?!” I know from this personal meltdown experience, all you need to de-stress and take your time. Sometimes it seems like you do not have enough time to sit down and watch TV or do your nails’, so you have to plan out your schedule to make time. My dad even said to me “its your own fault that you’re stressed out!”  That was when I knew I needed to make a game plan.

So I did. I sat down with a cute little notebook and started a to-do list. Usually I use the calendar on my cell phone to keep track of dates, but it was becoming too cluttered! I decided to make a day-by-day plan. Every day in the morning, before or on my way to school, I write out a to-do list for that day. Basic things that I need to get done that day. When you spread out the important things over a week, they become much easier to handle.

I begin my list with something I have already completed that day because when you are able to check something off the list right away, you feel like you have been more productive and you get a boost of motivation to do the rest of the things on the list.

Sample:
1. Brush your teeth and get dressed.
2. Straighten hair.
3. Go to school. Remember to bring home Anatomy book for tonight’s homework.
4. Homework time. 2 hours.
5. Go to field hockey practice.
6. Shower.
7. Blog!
8. Required reading. Don’t forget there is a test on this book on Friday!

Obviously, everyone’s schedule is different and probably more complex than this one. It’s just an example of how general and simple you can make it! It’s not hard at all!

I always use different colored pens to keep the list visually appealing. I use highlights to cross things off my list as I go to keep the page pretty. Being a very visual person, I need to look at something pretty to stay concentrated on what I am looking at. This is a good note-taking tip as well for those students out there. I always use colored pens because then on test day I remember information based on what color it was written in, in my notebook!
Works like a charm and keeps you organized!

Written By: Julie

Posted by Sarah on 7:10 PM. Filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0
Become a Fan of Save With Sarah Follow Sarah Scoop on Twitter Watch my money saving videos Email Me
.

dailyvid

Advertise On Sarah ScoopAdvertise On Sarah Scoop Advertise On Sarah ScoopAdvertise On Sarah Scoop

2010 Sarah Scoop. All Rights Reserved. - Designed by SimplexDesign