Barefoot Running




The other day I was sitting at a restaurant outside when I noticed a college-age girl walk by with the weirdest looking shoes on.  I've seen these shoes before, and I thought they were really ugly, but I let her walk by in them and then I was on to the next topic of conversation.  That was until yesterday when I went to check my e-mail.  The first article on yahoo was about these shoes and how they are the new workout fad.  What are they you may be wondering?  They are a shoe that allows you to run barefoot.  They have spaces for each of your toes, and the bottom is there so your foot is protected from gravel, tree branches and/or hot cement - you may also know them as Vibram FiveFingers.
It has been proved that running barefoot is much better for an intense runner.  Running barefoot can strengthen your ankles, and lower legs while improving your balance.  Sounds like a sweet-deal to me, except that these shoes are NOT recommended for the beginning runner.  That means if you are just starting to run for the first time in your life, or if you are getting back into running, these sock-shoes are not what you are going to want to buy.   But if you are a avid runner these may be just what you need - especially if you are sick of normal workout shoes.  These shoes may allow you to move more freely, or may give you more confidence for a better workout.  So what do you think? Would you ever buy these shoes, or do you think they are a silly idea like I originally did?

Written By: Jordan

Posted by Sarah on 2:48 PM. Filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0
Become a Fan of Save With Sarah Follow Sarah Scoop on Twitter Watch my money saving videos Email Me
.

dailyvid

Advertise On Sarah ScoopAdvertise On Sarah Scoop Advertise On Sarah ScoopAdvertise On Sarah Scoop

2010 Sarah Scoop. All Rights Reserved. - Designed by SimplexDesign