The Songs You Need to Download, Right Now

I'm Not Calling You A Liar 
1.     I'm Not Calling You A Liar, Florence + The Machine
After falling in love with her breakout hit, “Dog Days Are Over” (aka, that song in the Eat, Pray, Love trailer), I made sure to check out the London-based songstress’ album, Lungs. At which point, I discovered what true love really means. I was in lust after “Dog Days Are Over”, but I am in the midst of full-on relationship, commitment mode with Florence + the Machine, where I want to wake up to her music in the morning, and can’t imagine going to bed without her at night. Her music is literally haunting; the beauty of her voice just overwhelms you, leaving you spellbound and captivated, and of course, just like true love, ever-so desperate for more.
 Constant Knot (Quiet Demo)
2.     Constant Knot”, City and Colour
My newfound admiration for the 2008 album, Bring Me Your Love, perhaps suggests that I’m a little behind the times mentioning City and Colour’s awesomeness. Despite that little detail, I still think they are mostly under the radar, meaning it’s critical that you (yes, you!) download as much City and Colour as you can presently afford. (Yeah, pay for it! It’s worth it!) The epitome of chill music, City and Colour features some great songs for kicking back and relaxing, such as “Constant Knot,” “What Makes a Man?”, and “The Girl”. Pair it on a playlist with Bon Iver and relax as you watch the sunset and listen this music.
Made of Bricks 
3.     Stitching Legggings”, Kate Nash
I’ve already mentioned my love for British songstresses, and Kate Nash is no exception. To be honest, I’m not crazy about all her music, but I do love the song “Stitching Leggings” because it could probably be my motto. You know, like the soundtrack to my life. Picture the opening segment of the movie of my life, and this song would be playing. It’s goofy, light-hearted, and unassuming. I especially love the lines “Well at least I don’t have all the power in the world so I can’t f*** everything else up”. Cracks me up!

Written By: Kim

Posted by Sarah on 5:46 AM. Filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0
Become a Fan of Save With Sarah Follow Sarah Scoop on Twitter Watch my money saving videos Email Me
.

dailyvid

Advertise On Sarah ScoopAdvertise On Sarah Scoop Advertise On Sarah ScoopAdvertise On Sarah Scoop

2010 Sarah Scoop. All Rights Reserved. - Designed by SimplexDesign