Charslie Takes You To College: Classes

Hi Charlsie,

I'm wondering what classes I should try to get out of the way my freshman year, so I don't have to worry about them during my later years of college.

Thanks,
Amy
--------------
Hi Amy,

I recommend that you take whatever classes you don't want to take and get them over with. For example, if you hate math -- get your math requirements out of the way your freshman year, so you don't have to worry about them the last three years. You may hate your first semester of college because you spend more time in the tutoring center working on math problems, but at least you will get it done and over with.

Also, I would recommend getting ahead in any foreign language requirements. Colleges and universities are becoming more and more stringent when it comes to foreign language requirements, so you don't want to let them sneak up on you before it's too late (doing so would mean that you would have to take summer school classes or possibly go for another year!). If you have experience in a certain language, make sure all your AP test scores or placement tests are submitted because that can save you a lot of time when it comes to scheduling.

And last but not least, definitely take your PE requirements as soon as possible. I didn't take mine until my junior and senior years, and I didn't really have time for them in my schedule, so they caused a lot of stress. PE classes should be easy and fun, and you should look forward to going to them -- so get them out of the way, and you won't have to stress about them later.

Good luck!

- Charlsie

Posted by Sarah on 6:19 PM. Filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0
Become a Fan of Save With Sarah Follow Sarah Scoop on Twitter Watch my money saving videos Email Me
.

dailyvid

Advertise On Sarah ScoopAdvertise On Sarah Scoop Advertise On Sarah ScoopAdvertise On Sarah Scoop

2010 Sarah Scoop. All Rights Reserved. - Designed by SimplexDesign